Photoshoot- The Contemporary Ballerina


  I asked Becky to pose for me, as she as was a ballet teacher I hiked over to her studio and took a series of photographs of her performing certain moves. Using my daylight lamp I created strong contrast and drama which I hope to later transform into equally dramatic oil paintings.

Ballet Shoes

My main objective is to create a series of paintings focusing on her feet as they go through various positions.
Third Position - Ballet Shoes by Alex Jabore
Fourth Position - Ballet Shoes by Alex Jabore
Point - Ballet Shoes by Alex Jabore

Other Poses

  In the next few poses I wanted expressive shapes, high drama and clean lines. I'm partially fighting against my own ignorance of Ballet, I've seen quite a lot but only have an observers knowledge. I will base my final works on the drama provoked rather then any judgement on her technique.

Ballerina in a lunge on point- looks very strong


A Ballerina sat with one food on pointe, strong light contrast
Ballerina - Contemporary Ballet by Alex Jabore
Ballerina jumpint high, head thrown back and feet pointed, the shot long to enphasise her hight of the leap
Ballet Jumps -  Dancer by Alex Jabore
Ballet Jump by Alex Jabore

Ballerina Pirouette - Dancer by Alex Jabore



What I need to do know is consider which will make the best paintings, the canvas dimensions, the light and background. I'm so happy with these photography and grateful to Becky for taking the shoot so seriously and been so fabulous. 

Comments

Popular Posts